Enlisted United States Army
Officer Candidate School at Fort Benning
His military education include the Finance Office Basic Course, the Basic and Advanced Infantry Officer course, the mechanizes Infantry Course, U.S. Army Airborne School, Jumpmaster Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College.
Wayne State University Law School, Detroit
Received Juris Doctor Degree
- Finance and Accounting Office, 31st ADA Brigade, Homestead AFB, FL: Assistant Bde S-1, Campe Howze, 3d Bde, 2ID, Korea, Weapons Platoon and TOW Platoon Leader, 2-9 IN, 3d Bde, Camp Greaves, 2ID Korea, Assistant Bde S-4, 3d Bde, 82d Airborne Division
- Company Commander, HHC and CO A, 1-505 AIR, 82d Airborne Division
- Staff Officer, HQS; USAREUR, Heidelberf, GY
- BN S-3, 2-6 ln, 2d Bde, 1AD; Erlangaen, GY
- Action Officer, DA ODCSOPS, the Pentagon
- G-3 Air, 82d Airborne Division
- Executive Officer, 1-325 AIR, 82 Airborne Division, and g-3 Air. XVIII Airborne Corps, Ft. Bragg, NC.
Awards and Decorations
- Legion of Merit
- Bronze Star
- Meritorious Service Medal, 3OLC
- Army Commendation Medal, 2OLC
- Army Achievement Medal
- Good Conduct Medal
- National Defense Service Medal, 2d award
- Southwest Asia Service Metal w/2 service stars
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Korean defense Service Medal
- Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon w/ number 2
- Multinational Force and Observers Medal
- Kuwait Liberation Medal
- Combat Infantryman Badge
- Expert Infantryman badge, Master Parachutist Badge, Army Staff Identification Badge; German and Italian Jump Wings.
After retiring in 1994, LTC(R) Walus obtained employment with an Original Equipment manufacturer that specialized in the design, fabrication, assembly, and operation of automated welding systems for the automobile industry. He held a variety of positions including, Senior Program Manager; Project Manager; Manufacturing Manager; Plant Manager, and Director, Support Services.
Member VFW and the 82d Airborne Association
Member the Federal Bar Association
Member Macomb Country Bar Association
Member State Bar of Michigan
Member Michigan Association of Justice.
He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District; the court of the appeals for Veterans Claims, and the Court of Appeals for Federal Claims.
Member, Board of Directors for the Wayne State Athletic Alumni Association
Member, Board of Directors for the Wayne State National Alumni Association
Member, Board of Directors for the Wayne Alumni Law Group
Lead, Mentor Program for Veterans Treatment Courts at both the Circuit and District Court level of Macomb County, MI